(This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.)
With the holiday season already upon us, it’s time to start planning out gifts for friends and family. Make this year an epic one with these ideas for the best camping gifts for people who love to sleep under the stars.
We researched, we talked with other campers, and we’ve even tried out some of the gear ourselves. Some of it we own (and love), and some we wish hope to own someday.
- Gifts for Their Camp Kitchen
- Gear for the Best Night’s Sleep
- Camping Gift Ideas that Help Them Stay Organized
- Gear to Light Up the Campsite
- Hanging Out at the Campsite
- Keep Cozy in Cold Camping Weather
- Camping-Themed Stocking Stuffers (or a Camper’s Gift Basket)
- The Beginner’s Bundle for New Campers
- The Best Camping Gifts for RV Owners
- Where to Buy the Best Camping Gifts
Gifts for Their Camp Kitchen
1. Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
For campers who love their coffee, an Aeropress is an ultimate gift for campers. The coveted camping product makes great-tasting coffee on the go. The lightweight and portability make it a great gift for campers.
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
You can also buy an Aeropress at REI
2. Stanley Adventure All-in-One French Press
Another great gift for coffee lovers. The Stanley All-in-One is more than just a French press. The Stanley All-in-One gets great ratings because it eliminates the need for extra gear. This French press coffee maker also boils water directly in the pot and can be used for other foods like soups or heating water for MREs.
- BOIL + BREW + COOK: Whether you need a fresh cup of coffee or are looking to heat up some soup to warm your bones, this sleek and streamlined French press brews, boils, and cooks, in a large 32 ounces container.
3. Blackstone Table Top Grill
We have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love their Blackstone. Camp cooks love the large surface area for making delicious outdoor meals. The Blackstone grill uses the same 1 lb propane tank as most camp stoves, so there is no special equipment needed to use it.
- Convenient and portable - this portable grill is built with an easy to use electric igniter, uses convenient 1 pound propane bottles for fuel, and has a built in grease catcher. Perfect for camping, Tailgating, Road trips, hunting and everyday outdoor use
4. Collapsible Cutting Board with Colander
Multi-function products like this make outdoor cooking and chore a little bit easier without needed to pack all the gear into the car (or camper).
There is also a draining plug to use as a basin for washing dishes at the campground, and then it collapses to neatly store in the kitchen gear tote.
- Environmentally Friendly Material - Made of food grade premium PP + TPR material, BPA Free, durable, no smell, non-toxic, no cracking and no deformation.
5. Master Cook Portable Camp Kitchen
Give the camp cook space to create their favorite outdoor meals at the campground. This camp kitchen has space to hold all the outdoor kitchen gear and folds down to the size of a lawn chair for easy transport to the campground.
- Folding Camping Table: Folding camp table brings the kitchen outside with enough counter and storage space to accommodate camp kitchen equipment like stoves and grills, cooking utensils, and cookware
6. Jetboil Camp Stove
This efficient and compact camp stove is a must-have for backcountry campers, but we like it for car camping too. It quickly and efficiently heats up water for coffee, pasta, and MREs.
We’ve recommended the Jetboil Zip model for the lower price.
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the Zip's easy-to-use cooking system boils water in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
7. A Bucket of Freeze Dried Food
Freeze-dried meals are also a great gift for backpackers, but car campers love them too. They make a great backup when camping meals just don’t work out as planned.
Buying in bulk, like Mountain House Classic Bucket, saves a lot of money – meals are usually around $8-10 each when purchased individually.
- DELICIOUS MEAL ASSORTMENT! Savor your next adventure with this easy to carry bucket consisting of 12 total meal pouches that are loaded with unbelievable flavor. This bucket contains 24 total servings of freeze-dried backpacker favorites.
8. Nesting Bowls and Measuring Cups
Whether your favorite camper enjoys the outdoors in a tent or an RV, they’ll appreciate this space-saving bowl and measuring cup set. The colorful bowls can also be used for serving meals outside.
- Space-saving nesting design allows individual pieces to be stacked neatly together
Gear for the Best Night’s Sleep
9. Exped MegaMat
If you know a camper who can’t find the perfect fit between an air mattress and a sleeping pad, the Exped MegaMat is the best of both worlds. We sleep on the MegaMat Duo 10 and love it! It’s bigger than a sleeping pad but has the comfort of an air mattress – without the bulk or risk of deflating.
- SUPERIOR BASECAMP PAD - It's more like a bed than a sleeping pad; The megamat 10 keeps you toasty warm and comfortable while car camping, rafting, or at basecamp; 3.9 in. of loft and stretch tricot surface deliver superior rest for the next day's adventure
We bought our Exped MegaMat at REI
10. The North Face One Bag
This sleeping bag has you covered no matter what the weather is (no pun intended). The North Face One Bag is another favorite addition to our gear because of the integrated layers that keep you comfortable during both warm weather and cold camping nights.
- CAMP IN COMFORT. Whether you're a newbie looking for flexibility or a hardened camper who'll be in a range of climates, this 3-in-1 sleeping bag is the marvel you're searching for. Pair the two layers to get a 15-degree bag for maximum versatility.
You can also find The North Face One Bag at REI
11. A Comfy Cot
A cot does double-duty in a tent – it’s comfortable for sleeping and it also adds some extra storage space for gear underneath the cot.
We like this Coleman model (and the REI Kingdom cot) have a padded layer for warmth.
- Sleeping pad: Thick foam offers superior support
REI’s Kingdom Cot is similar, and just as comfy
Camping Gift Ideas that Help Them Stay Organized
Campers love to organize their gear. Having a place for everything gives campers quick access to their gear in the dark, ready for an unexpected rainstorm, or just out of the dirt.
12. Camping Supplies Storage Strap
Organizing gear off the floor of the tent protects from water or dirt that can unexpectedly appear. It also frees up tent floor space.
- STRONG AND DURABLE: The heavy-duty nylon strap with sturdy stitching will hold 150 lbs – plenty for camping lantern or lights,kitchen cookware, backpacks, clothing, shoe,tent and so much more!
13. Tent & RV Shelf Organizer
We have this on our list not only to keep clothes and shoes organized in the tent but because it collapses for easy transport to the campground.
- Durable: Strong breathable fabric. Each shelf has a thickened board that can support up to 30 lbs.
14. Packing Cubes from Eagle Creek
Use packing cubes to keep clothes organized in duffle bags so there is no rummaging through to find the right outfit. We have a different pattern for everyone in the family so we can find our clothes quickly.
- TRAVEL ORGANIZATION. Great for organizing just about anything. The quick grab handle makes traveling easy, whether you're using multiple cubes or just one for an overnight trip. The two-way zip opening allows for maximum compression and organization.
15. Yeti Camino Carryall
This tote is huge. And durable.
We use it to corral all the items we decided to throw in at the last minute. At the campground, we pack up gear for the lake, everything we need for a picnic. At the end of our trip, we use to toss all the stray items that didn’t get packed up where they belong.
- Easy to haul and easy to clean, the Camino Carryall is the last word in uncompromising convenience
Gear to Light Up the Campsite
Camping needs lots of lights – lanterns for lighting up the campsite, flashlights for getting to the bathhouse, headlamps for hands-free, and string lights for setting the mood.
16. Rechargeable LED Camping Light Bulb
Every tent needs great lighting and this cute light bulb is perfect for hanging in the tent.
- >Sudden Blackout? No Worries Let Flyhoom rechargeable light bulb help you out. This rechargeable emergency light bulb will lighten up 150 sqft. Easy to hang on or take down anytime.
Find a similar bulb light from Nite Ize at REI
17. Luci Solar String Lights
Nothing feels as outdoorsy as string lights at the campground. MPOWERD (the maker of the Luci collection of lights) makes some quality outdoor lighting, and people love their solar string lights just as much.
I’m hoping to find a set in my stocking this year!
- BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE 2000 mAh LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. With 100 lumens across an 18 ft cord, mobile charging, and lasting up to 20 hours on a single charge, Luci String Lights are the perfect way to light up your space.
18. Goal Zero Flashlight
Goal Zero is another much-loved outdoor lighting brand. The solar-powered Torch 250 Flashlight can be set up to use as a lantern. It can even be used to give your phone a little extra charge when needed.
- Built-in solar panel, USB charging cable, and hand-crank for light anywhere
19. Coleman Quad Pro Lantern
We like this lantern for families because the four light panels detach for individual use. This lantern also has USB ports for charging other devices.
- LUMENS: Up to 800 lumens for base; 100 for panels
Hanging Out at the Campsite
20. Nemo Stargaze Recliner Camping Chair
I got this chair as a birthday gift this year, and it’s easily the best camping chair I’ve ever had. It swings, it reclines, it’s easy to set up, and it packs down pretty darn small. This chair is a camping gift idea that can be used beyond the campground – I sit in it at home all the time!
- CAMP CHAIR, REFINED - Everything NEMO builds is a step beyond what's on the market; The Stargaze withstands the elements, sets up in a jiff, and hosts effortless swinging action; The Lite model is about 9 oz. lighter and 9 inches shorter than the standard model
21. Portable Hammock Stand
While most people plan to hang their hammocks on two well-spaced trees at their campsite, it doesn’t always go as planning. Some campgrounds don’t allow anything to be attached to trees. Other campgrounds don’t have many trees to get the right setup.
We finally bought a stand for our hammock, and we have no problem chillin’ in our hammock no matter where we are. Hammocks like Eno are Brazilian style and work perfectly in this hammock stand.
- Specifically for brazilian style: Please note that this hammock frame is for non-spreader bar hammocks only (not included); Hammocks with spreader bars will not work with this stand
Find a similar hammock stand at REI
22. JBL Waterproof Speaker
When you don’t have someone around to play the guitar, use the JBL Flip 5 portable (and waterproof) Bluetooth speaker to play songs from your favorite playlist. We usually have The Zac Brown Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, or Alabama Shakes playing in the background at our campsite.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
23. Outdoor Projector
An outdoor projector is glamping at its best. Watch a family movie (like The Great Outdoors, RV, or Without a Paddle) in the wilderness with a portable outdoor projector. Of course, it’s also fun at home too!
- 【FULL HD 1080P SUPPORTED】Upgraded 6000lux is 80% brighter than the older version and other projectors. With native 720P and supporting 1080P high resolution. Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9, Contrast Ratio: 5000:1, Lamp lifetime: 100000 hours.
24. Jackery Portable Power Station
Jackery has been making great power banks for cell phones for years, and now they have models that will charge almost anything you could need on a camping trip.
We like this over a generator because there are many campgrounds that don’t allow generators (which also require packing up fuel to power it).
- SUPER COMPACT WITH AC OUTLET: Weighing the same as a standard bag of apples, this portable power station makes the smallest while remaining the most compact in the Explorer family. Being able to carry an AC Outlet around brings you flexibility for your short road trips, remote work, or outdoor camping essentials.
Keep Cozy in Cold Camping Weather
Some of the best camping trips are in the fall and winter. Load your friends and family up with gear to keep them warm and cozy when the temps drop.
25. Pendleton Yakima Wool Camp Blanket
Cold weather camping curled up by the campfire and wrapped in a wool blanket may be the best way to spend time on a camping trip, making Pendleton’s wool camp blanket one of our favorite camping gift ideas.
- 54" x 66"
- Pure virgin wool/cotton
Find a larger size of the Pendleton Yakima Wool Camp Blanket at REI
26. Booties for the Outdoors
Keep toes warm in the cold weather with The North Face Thermoball Insulated Traction Bootie. They’re like slippers for the outdoors, so they’re perfect for camping (or the ski lodge!)
- FORM MEETS FUNCTION. The warmth and comfort of ThermoBall Eco insulation combined with a high-traction rubber outsole make this slip-on boot ideal for base camp, apres ski or shuffling through the snow to grab the morning paper.
27. Mr. Heater Portable Heater
An indoor-safe heater that is fueled by propane to keep warm in cold weather. Tent campers all around swear by the Buddy heater because it helps them extend their camping season.
While this heater comes with safety features such as an auto shut-off and low oxygen detector, we still recommend running the heater only before going to sleep.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
Find Mr. Heater at REI too
Camping-Themed Stocking Stuffers (or a Camper’s Gift Basket)
These camping gift ideas are perfectly sized for stockings. You can also turn this into a big gift by picking up a few of these and make a camper’s gift basket for your favorite camper.
28. Cooler Shock Hard Ice Packs
Take a weekend camping trip without bags of ice. Saves space, time and money on cooler refills. Just 2-3 of these packs will keep a 32 quart cooler cold for 2 days. Add more packs for larger coolers.
- Innovative Cooling Technology: These gray and clear polycarbonate hard ice packs for coolers have a durable and tough shell that can handle anything, radiating ribs to increase surface area and a poly plastic that quickly releases the cold within.
29. Car Power Inverter
True story: we once used an outlet outside the bath house to inflate our queen size air mattress at a state park. We toted the giant mattress all the way back to our site, only to find it was now too big to fit through the tent door.
Tent campers often have a tough time finding electricity at their site, but having a converter in their gear is a great back up.
- Premium 200W car power inverter
- Travel kit: Just about credit card size - 3. 2 x 2. 5 x 1. 5 inches, space-saving and easy storage, with aluminum shell design, Extremely portable and lightweight at only 8 oz.+
30. Paracord Bracelet
A fun camping-themed bracelet that can also come in handy in an emergency.
- Be Ready To Survive Without Stuffing Your Backpack - Find the 5 survival gear essentials in just one bracelet : fire starter, reliable compass, loud emergency whistle, ferro rod striker and 12 feet of military-grade paracord.
31. Stasher Bags
We started seeing Stasher bags everywhere, and after getting a few to try out, we know how great they are (and great camping gift ideas!).
We pack up meals, snacks, and sometimes even corral some gear in them.
- PLATINUM SILICONE: The world's first fully functional, self-sealing, reusable alternative to single-use plastic bags. Plus, unlike traditional single-use plastic bags, Stasher bags contain no BPA, no PVC, and no latex. Keep your food safe from contaminants in Stasher bags
32. Solar Charger
Keep smartphones charged (for picture-taking, of course) in the wilderness with a solar powered battery pack.
- ➤High-Quality Portable Solar Power Charger: Built-in 20000mAh high capacity Lithium Polymer battery equipped with a compact solar panel, anti-explosion, lightweight and reliable. Long lifespan with more than 1000 recharging times. which could recharge the battery itself under sunlight, eco-friendly and ideal for outdoor use.
REI carries a similar charger, but the solar panel is sold separately.
33. Heat Resistant Gloves
We are huge fans of our heat-resistant gloves for camping. We even keep one in the car for impromptu fire-pit nights with friends.
Easily handle hot logs on the campfire without embers flying around.
- Premium quality：The heat resistant bbq gloves are made of aramid fabric, famous for its ability to withstand high temperatures and repeated use. And each lining of grilling gloves can protect your hands and provide excellent comfort. Great for grilling, cutting, cooking, baking, woodworking, welding or handling super hot items in the kitchen and outdoors.
34. Lighter Cubes
Help them get the fire lit no matter what the weather with Weber’s eco-friendly lighter cubes.
- Get grilling sooner with our easy lighting fuel cubes. The Cubes are odorless and non-toxic and are designed to light quickly even if wet. The Cubes are made of paraffin wax and come 24 to a box.
- Designed to catch fire even if wet. Light your charcoal grill quickly and hassle-free. Helps light charcoal grills
35. Mystical Flames Color-Changing Fire
After dinner, throw a few packs of Mystical Flames into the fire for some campfire entertainment.
- DROP UNOPENED: on fire watch the vibrant colors.
- WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, FALL: on any wood fire
36. Merino Wool Socks
Merino wool is a perfect outdoor material. It’s warm, UV resistant, softer than traditional wool, and odor-resistant. That means you can wear clothing made from merino wool multiple times before washing.
These socks are 80% merino (the more, the better!)
- COMFORT FOR YOUR FEET - Made with the finest-quality Merino wool (80%), COZIA luxurious wool socks are super-soft, protect the feet from abrasion, provide cushioning from sudden impact, offer desirable compression for improved blood circulation while also helping alleviate fatigue, and prevent shoe bites!
The merino wool socks from REI are pretty great too
37. Cotopaxi Luzon Foldable Backpack
The Luzon backpack is always part of our camp gear recommendations. We literally have 6 of these bags. (And a Taal bag. And the Allpa.) They are lightweight, come with a chest strap that makes it easier to carry gear on hikes, and folds up when not in use.
We love the brand for their “Do Good” initiatives. And their The Del Dia line is made from scrap materials, so each bag made is like no other.
Make a camping-themed gift basket by filling this bag with lots of smaller camping gifts!
- Internal hydration sleeve.
- Front zippered pocket. Large main compartment.
The Beginner’s Bundle for New Campers
If you have a family on your holiday list that doesn’t camp but wants to, getting them set up with the basics is could just be one of the best camping gifts they’ve ever received! We’ve included just the necessities, and almost everything else can be filled in with items they already have at home.
38. A Basic (But Good) Tent
Coleman makes great, no-frills starter tents. We like this one because it’s large enough for a family of 4 and the dome shape gives adults a little bit of standing room in the tent.
- WeatherTec System patented welded floors and inverted seams keep water out, Spacious interior, room to stand and move
39. Sleeping Bags
This Teton sleeping bag is a good starter bag for cooler temps, and it compresses to a size that makes it easy to pack.
- FOR THE LOVE OF COMFORT: The innovative fill packs down without sacrificing performance; Roomy footbox; Zipper draft tube; Soft liner provides a comfortable night's sleep
REI branded sleeping bags are also great starter bags
40. A Camp Stove
Even when we plan all meals to cook over the campfire, we always bring a camp stove as a backup – just in case. We’ve also camped during Colorado fire bans and it was the only way to cook.
The Coleman is a tried-and-true camp stove that comes at a great price.
- Cooking power: Up to 20,000 total BTUs. Fits a 12-inch and 10-inch pan at the same time
41. Sleeping Pads
Closed-cell foam pads give just enough cushion to make sleeping on the ground a little more comfortable. They are super lightweight, fold up for packability, and don’t pop leak, or otherwise lose air like air mattresses.
And the price makes them good starter sleeping pads for new campers.
- Lightweight and compact closed-cell foam camping mattress is a durable, dependable, and economical option for sleeping on the ground
The Best Camping Gifts for RV Owners
RV and camper owners need a second set of almost everything for their home-away-from-home but have just a fraction of the space to store it all. They’ll love these gifts that make their space a little more functional and homier. We even added gifts for RV owners to get them to their camping spot safely.
42. Camper-Themed Decorative Pillows
The perfect gift for camper owners to personalize their space and show off their love of camping. The removable pillow covers let them change things up and the covers easily store away while not in use. Complete this gift with a set of pillow inserts.
- Super Soft: A Grade Velvet, fine texture, soft handle and comfortable. It has elasticity, no pilling and no stimulation to the skin.
- Material: High grade polyester microfiber, double-sided printing.
43. Wireless Back-Up Camera
Backing up in a car can be stressful enough, and it’s that much tougher in a camper or RV. Make their drive to the campground a little safer with a wireless backup camera that is easy to install.
- ►Upgraded HD RV Wireless Backup Camera：With unique dedicated digital signls antenna design and the latest 2021 digital signal chip, the wireless backup camera can send 1080P videos to the display via the stronger signal. The signal can reach 360ft in open area and working on vehicle range under 220ft. It is better than other wireless rear view cameras in stability, signal transmission distance, durability and power
44. Collapsible Food Storage Containers
With less space to work with, camper and RV owners love things that are collapse to save space when not in use. The first of a few collapsible products on our list are these silicone containers for food storage. Whether they fill with food at home or pack leftovers into them at the campground, these containers can be collapsed down to fit the volume of the contents.
- Set of 4, 4-Cup Silicone Food Storage Containers - You've just discovered your new favorite product for kitchen storage! You'll love the versatility, durability, and convenience that Collapse-its provide. *Please note, like plastic, clear silicone will stain with certain types of food.
45. Coghlan’s Pop-Up Trash Can
Coghlan is the camping brand, and everyone loves their pop-up trash can. It’s huge, the top zips closed, and it stores away flat, which makes this is one gift camper owners are sure to love.
- Trash can ideal for campsite or RV collapses quickly and easily for compact storage when not in use and expands quickly and easily when needed
- Grommets along outside lower edge for staking down to keep from blowing away or moving
46. Collapsible Laundry Baskets
A 2-pack of laundry baskets that have a carrying strap and store flat lets campers stow these away between trips. After their trip, they can be used to transport clean linens and towels back to their camper.
- COLLAPSIBLE - Folding laundry baskets fold down to less than 2 inches when empty - Great for small apartments and college dorm rooms where space is limited - you'll love the patented pop up design
47. Collapsible Dish Drying Rack
RV and camper owners don’t want to use their limited counter space on things like dish racks. Give them a gift that makes chores easier, then stows away neatly under the sink and out of sight.
- BPA Free & dishwahser safe
- Simply pop-up to open when using and collapses to flat for space saving with Expanded
48. Hose and Cord Caddy
Hooking up the camper requires running hoses and cords from the camper to the hookups because it can look messy and be a tripping hazard. Instead, corral those cords and hoses neatly into the caddy.
- 17" Wide, 6-1/2" Tall
- Holds up to 75 feet of hose
49. Yeti Rambler Tumbler
Campers love their Yeti tumblers for keeping cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. The holidays are the perfect time to give this gift for camper owners to make relaxing at the campground a little comfier.
- The Rambler 30 oz. is the tumbler that gets you through the day. Your morning brew stays hot, and your iced coffee will stay cold - so take your time
The Yeti Rambler Tumbler with MagSlider Lid is also available at REI
Where to Buy the Best Camping Gifts
We love both REI and Amazon for camping gear. Not only do they have great prices on outdoor gear, but they both also make returns super easy if there is anything that isn’t perfect about the gift.
And memberships only sweeten the deal: a $20 (for a lifetime) REI membership gives customers an annual dividend for their purchases. Amazon Prime members get free shipping and benefits like Prime Video and free photo storage (for all the pictures of outdoor adventures!).
All of our recommendations have a 4-star rating on Amazon, and most have at least 80% of the ratings are 5-star so we can be sure most people have had great experiences with the product – not some who love it and some who hate it.
We love new ideas, so let us know the best camping gifts you’ve given (or received) in the comments!
Click below to save this list of the best camping gifts on Pinterest!