(This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.)
With the holiday season already upon us, it’s time to start planning out gifts for friends and family. Make this year an epic one with these ideas for the best camping gifts for people who love to sleep under the stars.
We researched, talked with other campers, and even tried out some of the gear ourselves. Some of it we own (and love), and some we wish hope to own someday. No matter what type of camper you are buying for, these gifts will make the perfect gifts.
- Gifts for Their Camp Kitchen
- Gear for the Best Night’s Sleep
- Camping Gift Ideas that Help Them Stay Organized
- Gear to Light Up the Campsite
- Hanging Out at the Campsite
- Keep Cozy in Cold Camping Weather
- Camping-Themed Stocking Stuffers (or a Camper’s Gift Basket)
- The Beginner’s Bundle for New Campers
- The Best Camping Gifts for RV Owners
- Where to Buy the Best Camping Gifts
Gifts for Their Camp Kitchen
1. Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
An Aeropress is an ultimate gift for campers who love their coffee. The coveted camping product makes great-tasting coffee on the go. The lightweight and portability make it a great gift for campers.
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
You can also buy an Aeropress at REI
2. Stanley Adventure All-in-One French Press
Another great gift for coffee lovers. The Stanley All-in-One is more than just a French press, and the Stanley All-in-One gets excellent ratings because it eliminates the need for extra gear. This French press coffee maker also boils water directly in the pot and can be used for other foods like soups or heating water for MREs.
- BOIL + BREW + COOK: Whether you need a fresh cup of coffee or are looking to heat up some soup to warm your bones, this sleek and streamlined French press brews, boils, and cooks, in a large 32 ounces container.
3. Blackstone Table Top Grill
We have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t absolutely love their Blackstone. Camp cooks love the large surface area for making delicious outdoor meals. The Blackstone grill uses the same 1 lb propane tank as most camp stoves, so there is no special equipment needed to use it.
- 22” Blackstone Griddle
4. Collapsible Cutting Board with Colander
Multi-function products like this one make outdoor cooking and chore a little easier without packing all the gear into the car (or camper).
There is also a draining plug to use as a basin for washing dishes at the campground, and then it collapses to neatly store in the kitchen gear tote.
- Environmentally Friendly Material - Made of food grade premium PP + TPR material, BPA Free, durable, no smell, non-toxic, no cracking and no deformation.
5. Master Cook Portable Camp Kitchen
Give the camp cook space to create their favorite outdoor meals at the campground. This camp kitchen has room to hold all the outdoor kitchen gear and folds down to the size of a lawn chair for easy transport to the campground.
- Portable folding outdoor cook station with counter and storage space for a camping stove or grill, cooking utensils, and cookware
6. Jetboil Camp Stove
One of the best camping gifts for backcountry campers, this efficient and compact camp stove is a must-have, but we also like it for car camping. It quickly and efficiently heats up water for coffee, pasta, and MREs.
We’ve recommended the Jetboil Zip model for the lower price.
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the Zip's easy-to-use cooking system boils water in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
7. A Bucket of Freeze Dried Food
Freeze-dried meals are also an excellent gift for backpackers, but car campers love them too. They make a great backup when camping meals just don’t work out as planned.
Like Mountain House Classic Bucket, buying in bulk saves a lot of money – meals are usually around $8-10 each when purchased individually.
- DELICIOUS MEAL ASSORTMENT! Savor your next adventure with this easy to carry bucket consisting of 12 total meal pouches that are loaded with unbelievable flavor. This bucket contains 24 total servings of freeze-dried backpacker favorites.
8. Nesting Bowls and Measuring Cups
Whether your favorite camper enjoys the outdoors in a tent or an RV, they’ll appreciate this space-saving bowl and measuring cup set. The colorful bowls can also be used for serving meals outside.
- Space-saving nesting design allows individual pieces to be stacked neatly together
Gear for the Best Night’s Sleep
9. Exped MegaMat
If you know a camper who can’t find the perfect fit between an air mattress and a sleeping pad, the Exped MegaMat is the best of both worlds. We sleep on the MegaMat Duo 10 and love it! It’s bigger than a sleeping pad but has the comfort of an air mattress – without the bulk or risk of deflating.
- SUPERIOR BASECAMP PAD - It's more like a bed than a sleeping pad; The megamat 10 keeps you toasty warm and comfortable while car camping, rafting, or at basecamp; 3.9 in. of loft and stretch tricot surface deliver superior rest for the next day's adventure
We bought our Exped MegaMat at REI
10. The North Face One Bag
This sleeping bag has you covered no matter the weather (no pun intended). The North Face One Bag is another favorite addition to our gear because of the integrated layers that keep you comfortable whether camping in warm weather or chilly nights.
You can also find The North Face One Bag at REI
11. A Comfy Cot
A cot does double-duty in a tent – it’s comfortable for sleeping and provides extra space for gear storage underneath the cot.
We like this Coleman model (and the REI Kingdom cot) have a padded layer for warmth.
- Includes Camping Cot with Mattress Pad
REI’s Kingdom Cot is similar and just as comfy
Camping Gift Ideas that Help Them Stay Organized
Campers love to organize their gear. Having a place for everything gives campers quick access to their equipment in the dark, ready for an unexpected rainstorm or out of the dirt.
12. Camping Supplies Storage Strap
Organizing gear off the tent floor protects from water or dirt that can unexpectedly appear. It also frees up tent floor space.
13. Tent & RV Shelf Organizer
We have this on our list not only to keep clothes and shoes organized in the tent but because it collapses for easy transport to the campground.
- Durable: Strong breathable fabric. Each shelf has a thickened board that can support up to 30 lbs.
14. Packing Cubes from Eagle Creek
Use packing cubes to organize clothes in duffle bags, so there is no rummaging to find the right outfit. We have a different pattern for everyone in the family so we can find our clothes quickly.
- TRAVEL ORGANIZATION. Great for organizing just about anything. The quick grab handle makes traveling easy, whether you're using multiple cubes or just one for an overnight trip. The two-way zip opening allows for maximum compression and organization.
15. Yeti Camino Carryall
This tote is enormous. And durable.
We use it to corral all the items we decided to throw in at the last minute. During our trip, we use it to hold all our gear for the lake, beach, or pool. It’s also fantastic for containing everything we need for a picnic. At the end of our stay, we toss all the stray items that don’t get packed where they belong while breaking camp.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL - The waterproof, puncture-proof, Camino Carryall is designed for whatever the day throws your way. Perfect tote bag for the boat, lake, pool, beach, camping or road trips. Easy to haul your gear and easy to clean, the Camino Carryall is the last word in uncompromising convenience
Gear to Light Up the Campsite
Camping needs lots of lights – lanterns for lighting up the campsite, flashlights for getting to the bathhouse, headlamps for hands-free, and string lights for setting the mood. Many of these are also small enough to add to a camper’s gift basket.
16. Rechargeable LED Camping Light Bulb
Every tent needs excellent lighting, and this cute light bulb is perfect for hanging in the tent.
- 2 Lighting Color Options: This USB rechargeable light bulb designed with amber (1800K) and daylight(5000K). Use it as a reading lights/ emergency lights in home or hanging camping tent lights.
Find a similar bulb light from Nite Ize at REI
17. Luci Solar String Lights
Nothing feels as outdoorsy as string lights at the campground. MPOWERD (the maker of the Luci collection of lights) makes some quality outdoor lighting, and people love their solar string lights just as much.
I’m hoping to find a set in my stocking this year!
- BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE 2000 mAh LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. With 100 lumens across an 18 ft cord, mobile charging, and lasting up to 20 hours on a single charge, Luci String Lights are the perfect way to light up your space.
18. Goal Zero Flashlight
Goal Zero is another much-loved outdoor lighting brand. The solar-powered Torch 250 Flashlight can be configured as a lantern, and it can even be used to give your phone a little extra charge when needed.
- MULTI-USE LIGHT: Adapt your flash light to fit the situation at hand. The Torch 500 equips you with both a 300 lumens spotlight and 300 lumens floodlight, each available with three different light settings: high, medium, and low. Built-in clips allow you to hang anywhere or to clip the Torch 500 to anything to brighten up any setting.
19. Coleman Quad Pro Lantern
We like this lantern for families because the four light panels detach for individual use. This lantern also has USB ports for charging other devices.
- LUMENS: Up to 800 lumens for base; 100 for panels
Hanging Out at the Campsite
20. Nemo Stargaze Recliner Camping Chair
Relaxing at the campground is one of our favorite camping activities. I got this chair as a birthday gift this year, and it’s easily the best camping chair I’ve ever had. It swings, reclines, is easy to set up, and packs down pretty darn small. This chair is a camping gift idea that can be used beyond the campground – I’ve been known to get it out at home too!
21. Portable Hammock Stand
While most people plan to hang their hammocks on two well-spaced trees at their campsite, it doesn’t always go as planning. Some campgrounds don’t allow anything to be attached to trees, and other campgrounds don’t have many trees to get the proper setup. When camping with our teens, we make sure to have a hammock stand in case they choose a hammock over the tent (whatever we can do to make sure they love the outdoors!).
We finally bought a stand for our hammock, and we have no problem chillin’ in our hammock no matter where we are. Hammocks like Eno are Brazilian style and work perfectly in this hammock stand.
- Specifically for brazilian style: Please note that this hammock frame is for non-spreader bar hammocks only (not included); Hammocks with spreader bars will not work with this stand
Find a similar hammock stand at REI
22. JBL Waterproof Speaker
When you don’t have someone around to play the guitar, use the JBL Flip 5 portable (and waterproof) Bluetooth speaker to play songs from your favorite playlist. We usually have The Zac Brown Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, or Alabama Shakes playing in the background at our campsite.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
23. Outdoor Projector
An outdoor projector is glamping at its best. Watch a family movie (like The Great Outdoors, RV, or Without a Paddle) in the wilderness with a portable outdoor projector. Of course, it’s also fun at home too!
- 【FULL HD 1080P SUPPORTED】Upgraded 6000lux is 80% brighter than the older version and other projectors. With native 720P and supporting 1080P high resolution. Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9, Contrast Ratio: 5000:1, Lamp lifetime: 100000 hours.
24. Jackery Portable Power Station
Jackery has been making great power banks for cell phones for years, and now they have models that will charge almost anything you could need on a camping trip.
We like this over a generator because many campgrounds don’t allow generators (which also require transporting fuel to power it).
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
Keep Cozy in Cold Camping Weather
Some of the best camping trips are in the fall and winter. Load your friends and family up with gear to keep them warm and cozy when the temps drop.
25. Pendleton Yakima Wool Camp Blanket
Curled up by the campfire, wrapped in a wool blanket may be the best way to spend time on a cold-weather camping trip. Pendleton’s wool camp blanket is one of our favorite camping gift ideas.
- 54" x 66"
- Pure virgin wool/cotton
Find a larger size of the Pendleton Yakima Wool Camp Blanket at REI
26. Booties for the Outdoors
Keep toes warm in the cold weather with The North Face Thermoball Insulated Traction Bootie. They’re like slippers for the outdoors, so they’re perfect for camping (or the ski lodge!)
- FORM MEETS FUNCTION. The warmth and comfort of ThermoBall Eco insulation combined with a high-traction rubber outsole make this slip-on boot ideal for base camp, apres ski or shuffling through the snow to grab the morning paper.
27. Mr. Heater Portable Heater
An indoor-safe heater fueled by propane to keep warm in cold weather. Tent campers everywhere swear by the Buddy heater because it helps them extend their camping season.
While this heater comes with safety features such as an auto shut-off and low oxygen detector, we still recommend running the heater only before going to sleep.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
Find Mr. Heater at REI too
Camping-Themed Stocking Stuffers (or a Camper’s Gift Basket)
These camping gift ideas are perfectly sized for stockings. You can also turn this into a big gift by picking up a few of these and making a camper’s gift basket for your favorite camper.
28. Cooler Shock Hard Ice Packs
Take a weekend camping trip without bags of ice. Saves space, time, and money on cooler refills. Just 2-3 of these packs will keep a 32-quart cooler cold for 2 days. Add more packs for larger coolers.
- LONG LASTING COOL - Keep your favorite snacks and soft drinks cold with these reusable ice packs for coolers, beach bags, and picnic baskets. Once frozen, they stay at 18º F for up to 24-48 hours.
29. Car Power Inverter
True story: we once used an outlet outside the bathhouse to inflate our queen-size air mattress at a state park. We toted the giant mattress all the way back to our site, only to find it was now too big to fit through the tent door.
Tent campers often have a tough time finding electricity at their site, but having a converter in their gear is a great backup.
- 【200W CAR POWER INVERTER】Car power converter featured with 2 X US standard AC sockets 4 X USB charging ports, DC 12V to AC 110V converter provides power up to 180W great for charging laptop, tablets, cell phone, Christmas gift,string lights, breast pump, CPAP machine, nebulizer, game console, kindle, TV, DVD players, lights, iPad, and other electronic devices.
- 【TRAVEL KIT】Just about credit card size - 3. 2 x 2. 5 x 1. 5 inches, space-saving and easy storage, Extremely portable and lightweight at only 8 oz.+
30. Paracord Bracelet
This fun camping-themed bracelet can also come in handy in an emergency.
31. Stasher Bags
We started seeing Stasher bags everywhere. After getting a few to try out, we know how great they are (and fantastic camping gift ideas!).
We pack up meals, snacks and sometimes even use them to corral small camping gear.
- PLATINUM SILICONE: The world's first fully functional, self-sealing, reusable alternative to single-use plastic bags. Plus, unlike traditional single-use plastic bags, Stasher bags contain no BPA, no PVC, and no latex. Keep your food safe from contaminants in Stasher bags
32. Solar Charger
Keep smartphones charged (for picture-taking, of course) in the wilderness with a solar-powered battery pack.
- Advanced Wireless Portable Charger: Truly cable-free solar power bank with wireless output supports all QI-enabled phones for inductive charging. Such as for iPhone 11 Pro Max / XS Max / 8 plus, Samsung Galaxy S20 / S10 / Note 10 Plus etc.
REI carries a similar charger, but the solar panel is sold separately
33. Heat Resistant Gloves
We are huge fans of our heat-resistant gloves for camping. We even keep one in the car for impromptu fire-pit nights with friends.
Easily handle hot logs on the campfire without embers flying around.
- Premium quality：The heat resistant bbq gloves are made of aramid fabric, famous for its ability to withstand high temperatures and repeated use. And each lining of grilling gloves can protect your hands and provide excellent comfort. Great for grilling, cutting, cooking, baking, woodworking, welding or handling super hot items in the kitchen and outdoors.
34. Lighter Cubes
Help them get the fire lit no matter the weather with Weber’s eco-friendly lighter cubes.
35. Mystical Flames Color-Changing Fire
After dinner, throw a few packs of Mystical Flames into the fire for some campfire entertainment. Add this to a stocking or camper’s gift basket!
36. Merino Wool Socks
Merino wool is a perfect outdoor material. It’s warm, UV resistant, softer than traditional wool, and odor-resistant. That means you can wear clothing made from merino wool multiple times before washing.
These socks are 80% merino (the more, the better!)
- COMFORT FOR YOUR FEET - Made with the finest-quality Merino wool (80%), COZIA luxurious wool socks are super-soft, protect the feet from abrasion, provide cushioning from sudden impact, offer desirable compression for improved blood circulation while also helping alleviate fatigue, and prevent shoe bites!
The merino wool socks from REI are pretty great too
37. Cotopaxi Luzon Foldable Backpack
The Luzon backpack is always part of our camp gear recommendations. We literally have 6 of these bags. (And a Taal bag. And the Allpa.) They are lightweight, come with a chest strap that makes it easier to carry gear on hikes, and fold up when not in use.
We love the brand for its “Do Good” initiatives. And their The Del Dia line is made from scrap materials, so each bag they make is like no other.
Make a camper’s gift basket by filling this bag with lots of smaller camping gifts!
The Beginner’s Bundle for New Campers
If you have a family on your holiday list that doesn’t camp but wants to, getting them set up for their first time camping with the basics could just be one of the best camping gifts they’ve ever received! We’ve included just the necessities, and almost everything else can be filled in with items they already have at home.
38. A Basic (But Good) Tent
Coleman makes ideal, no-frills starter tents. We like this one because it’s large enough for a family of 4 and the dome shape gives adults a little bit of standing room in the tent.
- WeatherTec System patented welded floors and inverted seams keep water out, Spacious interior, room to stand and move
39. Sleeping Bags
This Teton sleeping bag is a good starter bag for cooler temps, and it compresses to a size that makes it easy to pack.
- FOR THE LOVE OF COMFORT: The innovative fill packs down without sacrificing performance; Roomy footbox; Zipper draft tube; Soft liner provides a comfortable night's sleep
REI branded sleeping bags are also great starter bags
40. A Camp Stove
Even when we plan all meals to cook over the campfire, we always bring a camp stove as a backup – just in case. We’ve also camped during Colorado fire bans, and it was the only way to cook.
The Coleman is a tried-and-true camp stove that comes at a great price.
- Cooking power: Up to 20,000 total BTUs. Fits a 12-inch and 10-inch pan at the same time
41. Sleeping Pads
Closed-cell foam pads give just enough cushion to make sleeping on the ground a little more comfortable. They are super lightweight, fold up for packability, and don’t pop, leak, or lose air like air mattresses.
And the price makes them good starter sleeping pads for new campers.
- Lightweight and compact closed-cell foam camping mattress is a durable, dependable, and economical option for sleeping on the ground
The Best Camping Gifts for RV Owners
RV and camper owners need a second set of almost everything for their home-away-from-home but have just a fraction of the space to store it all. They’ll love these gifts that make their space a little more functional and homier. We even added gifts for RV owners to safely get them to their camping spot.
42. Camper-Themed Decorative Pillows
The perfect gift for camper owners to personalize their space and show off their love of camping. The removable pillow covers let them change things up, and the covers easily store away while not in use. Complete this gift with a set of pillow inserts.
- Super Soft: A Grade Velvet, fine texture, soft handle and comfortable. It has elasticity, no pilling and no stimulation to the skin.
- Material: High grade polyester microfiber, double-sided printing.
43. Wireless Back-Up Camera
Backing up in a car can be stressful enough, and it’s that much more challenging in a camper or RV. Make their drive to the campground a little safer with a wireless backup camera that is easy to install.
44. Collapsible Food Storage Containers
With less space to work with, camper and RV owners love things that collapse to save space when not in use. The first of a few collapsible products on our list are these silicone containers for food storage. Whether they fill with food at home or pack leftovers into them at the campground, these containers can be collapsed down to fit the volume of the contents.
- Set of 4, 4-Cup Silicone Food Storage Containers - You've just discovered your new favorite product for kitchen storage! You'll love the versatility, durability, and convenience that Collapse-its provide. *Please note, like plastic, clear silicone will stain with certain types of food.
45. Coghlan’s Pop-Up Trash Can
Coghlan is the camping brand, and everyone loves their pop-up trash can. It’s enormous, the top zips closed, and it stores away flat, making this one gift camper owners are sure to love.
46. Collapsible Laundry Baskets
It’s not one of the most glamorous gifts for RV owners, but it sure will make life a whole lot easier at the campground. A 2-pack of laundry baskets with a carrying strap and store flat lets campers stow these away between trips. After their trip, they can be used to transport clean linens and towels back to their camper.
- COLLAPSIBLE - Folding laundry baskets fold down to less than 2 inches when empty - Great for small apartments and college dorm rooms where space is limited - you'll love the patented pop up design
47. Collapsible Dish Drying Rack
RV and camper owners don’t want to use their limited counter space on things like dish racks. Give them a gift that makes chores more manageable, then stows away neatly under the sink and out of sight after the dishes are washed.
- BPA Free & dishwahser safe
- Simply pop-up to open when using and collapses to flat for space saving with Expanded
48. Hose and Cord Caddy
Hooking up the camper requires running hoses and cords from the trailer to the hookups because it can look messy and be a tripping hazard. Instead, corral those cords and hoses neatly into the caddy.
49. Yeti Rambler Tumbler
Campers love their Yeti tumblers for keeping cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. The holidays are the perfect time to give this gift for camper owners to make relaxing at the campground a little comfier.
- The Rambler 30 oz. is the tumbler that gets you through the day. Your morning brew stays hot, and your iced coffee will stay cold - so take your time
The Yeti Rambler Tumbler with MagSlider Lid is also available at REI
Where to Buy the Best Camping Gifts
We love both REI and Amazon for camping gear. They have great prices on outdoor gear, but they both also make returns super easy if there is anything that isn’t perfect about the gift.
And memberships only sweeten the deal: a $20 (for a lifetime) REI membership gives customers an annual dividend for their purchases. Amazon Prime members get free shipping and benefits like Prime Video and free photo storage (for all the pictures of outdoor adventures!).
All of our recommendations have a 4-star rating on Amazon. In most cases, at least 80% are 5-star ratings, so we can be sure most people have had great experiences with the product – not some who love it and some who hate it.
We love new ideas, so let us know the best camping gifts you’ve given (or received) in the comments!
Click below to save this list of the best camping gifts on Pinterest!
Find more camping and outdoorsy gift inspiration:
50+ Best Gifts for Outdoorsy Kids from Born to Be Adventurous
Best Gifts for Travelers + Frequent Flyers (They’ll Actually Use) from Traveling Mel
Gifts for National Park Lovers from Yellowstone Hiking Guide
2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Outdoor Families from Play Outside Guide